Saturday, September 27, 2008

spring cleaning

Birds in the air... Flowers blooming... Spring time is here! This calls for some annual cleaning!

... well it's spring in Australia isn't it?

To start this off, Here is what the garage looked like about 20 minutes in. It didn't look much different from this before I started but I assure you it was inaccessible.



The main thing I wanted to focus on was fitting my tire trailer in a way that it wouldn't be a burden. I started by removing everything off the shelves and put everything to the other side of the garage. Then the shelves were pulled away from the wall and I began sweeping near the walls. It was a mess. Most of it was taken care of with the shop-vac. There was even a lizard thing in there crawling around somewhere. It scared the hell out of me and I accidentally dropped a block of wood on it.



After all was swept, I questioned to myself, "where should I put things?". About 10 minutes later I went back to moving shelves and putting things on them. Just a few minor changes in where the shelves went. I am not 100% satisfied with the placement of everything but it's maybe 85%. I still need to build some things on the wall to be able to hang stuff. I want to hang my wing on so that it is out of harm's way. Quite possibly there might be a tire rack in the future. There's just a couple other little things that are extremely time consuming. I really need tupperware!



Now there is space to walk between the car and the aisle without worrying about damage. 4 hours of work, so rewarding.

Oh yeah... How much of this shit does one need? :p



thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

Linhbergh said...

hook it up with the spare wheels and tires!