Tuesday, March 24, 2009

building the mr-s for RTA (pt.2)

I've been slow on updating the progress of my preparation. I have now 3 days remaining to finish any preparation. All that is left to do is bleeding brake and clutch fluids. If time permits, I can make the car pretty for the event.

As of this past week, the front splitter was complteted. I coated it with flat black paint and a layer of Varathane clear polyurethane just for some water resistance. The center section of the TRD lip was filled with expanding foam and shaped to the contours of the rest of the lip to keep air from being trapped.


To comply with regulation, a catalytic converter was installed. I chose Magnaflow's spun metallic catalyst for it's small size of only 4"x9". Joseph of Midnight Squad did the welding work on the exhaust which came out beautiful. HE IS TOP CLASS WELDER. Total weight of entire system was less than 10 lbs. The new exhaust installed is very loud. Resemblance of a dc2 with buddyclub spec2 exhaust. My ears bleed.




The last piece to be created was the rear diffuser. Brian and I had spent much time discussing the design of this piece. The old diffuser was better suited to a unmodified bumper and looked rediculous on the modified bumper I installed. Substantially noticable difference is the width, now almost doubled. For now it is sitting nicely, but perhaps during the week I will add more fins.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAST MODE!

Kev!n said...

whole lot of awesome

Anonymous said...

so dope.
rookie of the year much?