Wednesday, February 10, 2010

redline time attack SEASON FINALE @ Auto Club Speedway

I would like to apologize for such late posting of results. It's been a very tough couple of months getting everything situated for the coming time attack season.

On November 15th, I visited Auto Club Speedway in Fontana for the season finale of the 2009 Redline Time Attack. It was my first time ever on the large half-oval + infield track. It was a very tough course to conquer as it tests the power of the car as well as braking and handling all at the same time. It was really hard to say I had any advantage at all. On the front straight and along the oval (turn 1 & 2), the car struggled to achieve 115mph being the top speed. Braking was also a concern mainly on the guitar head where lots of speed was carried through a chicane while trying to target a very late apex. Here's a clip of how slow my car was, just to give you an idea of how slow it was :/




Here's the video of my best lap. May not be very clean, but it was enough to put me in 5th place of Street RWD. Enjoy.

No comments: